The TinySwitch family uses a breakthrough design to providethe lowest
cost, high efficiency, off-line switcher solution in the 0 to 10 W range. These devices integrate
a 700 V power MOSFET, oscillator, high-voltage switched current source, currentlimit and thermal shutdown circuitry. They start-up and run on power derived from the DRAIN voltage,eliminating the need for a transformer bias winding and the associated
circuitry. And yet, they consume only about 80 mW at no load, from 265 VAC input.
A simple ON/OFF control scheme also eliminates the need for loop compensation.
Lowest Cost, Low Power Switcher Solution
• Lower cost than RCC, discrete PWM and other integrated/hybrid solutions
• Cost effective replacement for bulky linear adapters
• Lowest component count
• Simple ON/OFF control – no loop compensation devices
• No bias winding – simpler, lower cost transformer
• Allows simple RC type EMI filter for up to 2W from universal input or 4W from 115VAC input